The birth of Spokane, Washington was due to the completion of the Northern Pacific Railway in 1881. The estimated population in 2017 was over 217,000. Some of the key industries in Spokane are Aerospace, healthcare, agriculture, advanced manufacturing and finance/insurance.
The average age of people in Spokane, Washington is thirty-seven with the median income around $46,000 for a family. As with many cities, Spokane is fast becoming a foodie paradise. Culinary craft restaurants are popping up with many local chefs seeking to get recognized nationally.
Spokane County is full of farms which give the restaurants plenty of farm-to-table foods. Since the culture is diverse, there is a Global feast to be had.
At NorthWest Hood Cleaning, we have seen an increase in business tenfold. Our team of professionals work every night to clean hoods in commercial kitchens, so they can serve up amazing meals daily.
Kitchen exhaust systems are designed to remove the fumes, heat, steam, smoke, combustion products and airborne grease from the air. The grease can build up and if not cleaned, can cause not only a fire hazard but environmental hazard.
NorthWest Hood Cleaning follows the National Fire Protection Association 96 Code when doing hood cleaning. We take care to use only environmentally friendly chemicals when removing the grease and we dispose of it per their standards.
The National Fire Protection Association recommends the following frequency for commercial kitchen hood cleaning:
- Monthly for commercial kitchens using solid fuel for cooking. Solid fuels include, charcoal, wood, wood pellets peat, charcoal, Hexamine fuel tablets, wheat, rye, corn and other grains.
- Quarterly for commercial kitchens that do a high volume of cooking for example twenty-four hours cooking, wok cooking or charbroiling.
- Semiannually for commercial kitchens that do a low volume of cooking.
- Annually for commercial kitchens that do cooking occasionally such as day camps, churches or seasonal businesses.
- Some commercial kitchens will have their employees do their hood cleaning. This is not recommended as they have not gone through a proper certified course on removing grease and mold. Grease and mold have a way of getting into small places that cannot be gotten to with a scrapper.
NorthWest Hood Cleaning uses specialized pressure washers that get into the nooks and crannies of a commercial kitchen. This is important because when grease finds its way in to the hard to reach places, not only can it grow mold, it can also attract unwanted rodents and bugs.
Bugs are a big problem if they invade a commercial kitchen. Even though there may be poison put out to kill them, they can lay their eggs before they die. Then it becomes a nightmare to find their laying spot and eliminating all of the eggs.
Rodents are a problem as they will defecate in any place they can crawl. They will then walk over surfaces that are used for food preparation which can spread illnesses and disease.
The professionals at NorthWest Hood Cleaning have gone through intense courses to become certified. Our training partners include Wichita Hood Cleaning. We are licensed and bonded and are committed to doing the most professional job in Spokane & Coeur d'Alene.
Call NorthWest Hood Cleaning today for a free estimate.